Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, March 09, 2007

My name is ......

As all of you know, my name is Ramerez (pronounce as RER-MI-REZ). Such a difficult name to pronounce and I certainly have problems pronouncing it as Momi and Dadi have been calling me "Boy Boy" or "Darling" all this while, while the grandparents call me "Jieming" or "Ming Ming". So, whenever people prompt me "What's your name?", I would reply "Ming Ming" or "Boy Boy". However, as I am going to school soon, Momi has been trying to teach me to pronounce "Ramerez". Three syllabus, so difficult to pronounce. That night, while Momi and I went for our stroll after dinner, Momi asked me the question again and I told her my name was "BANANA". Three syllabus and sounded close to "RAMEREZ" (Well, at least to me lah!!!). Momi kept correcting me and I kept repeating "BANANA", much to her exasperation... Muahaha!!! In the end, Notti Momi took advantage of the fun part and decided to name herself after a fruit too. She became "APPLE" and Dadi became "LEW LIAN" (durian). Hahaha!!! Not a wise move cos I registered that clearly and I went around telling people that my name is "BANANA", Momi is "APPLE" and Dadi is "LEW LIAN". We became the FRUIT family. Haha!!!

No comments: