Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Fathers' Day!!!

It was Fathers’ Day this weekend. I made a special Fathers’ Day card for Dadi by imprinting my little hand prints in 3 colours (yellow, green and brown) on a card with a cut-out heart shape in the centre. I insisted on presenting it personally to Dadi on Saturday night. Dadi was quite pleased with my art-&-craft and he also couldn’t help lamenting that the world is so unfair in the attitudes and behavior towards Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day. Well, that’s kinda of true cos Momi got a bookmark, 2 pieces of chocolate chips cookies and an accessory for Mothers’ Day, while all Dadi got was a (well, he used the term “pathetic”) little card. Hee hee!!! Guess that’s life and I have to be prepared for this when I become a Dad next time.

To celebrate Fathers’ Day for Gong Gong, we went for a delicious mushroom hotpot at Kallang stadium on Sunday. The meal was fully paid for by DJJ, thanks so much!!! It was yummy and I polished off almost one bowl of rice by myself leh. Momi and Dadi were so impressed with me, but of course, I did waste a few grains here and there lah, along the journey from the bowl to my little mouth. I also finished off half a bowl of herbal soup, much to the surprise of Momi cos I would usually reject anything with funny-tasting Chinese herbs. Guess the amount of herds in the soup base was mild and it was delicious and sweet due to the amount of mushrooms added to the soup. Of course, I did not survive alone on rice and soup lah. I had a little minced chicken & mushroom, diced cod fish and carrot added to my rice. It was a very fulfilling experience for my tummy. It is a restaurant which I would definitely go back again.

Of course, I need to work off those calories after a heavy meal. There was a playground right outside the restaurant. Although the slide was wet due to an earlier drizzle, I had Momi wiped-dry the place so that I could slide.
After the playground, we made our way to the bridge behind the restaurant where we took a stroll and enjoyed some lovely sea breeze. The 2 lovebirds – XJJ and XJJJ gave me the best surprise by producing a kite to fly in the open field!!! Yeah!!! Haha!!! My XJJ so romantic ah!!! He always standby a kite in the car to bring XJJJ to romantic spots to fly kite. :p Although, it was my second time seeing people fly kite, it is the first time up close and personal for me, where I could actually tug the string and make the kite fall down instead of fly up. Yah, I was more of a hindrance then a help. Anyway, the string was soon plucked away from my little hands cos the adults were scared that I would cut myself. I had great fun jumping around in the field and trying to catch the kite, esp when it nose-dived. I would clap my hands and shout “Come down! Come down!!!”.

No comments: