Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, September 28, 2007

It's Story Time!!!

Every night, I will ask Momi to tell stories before I go to bed. Yep!!! Stories which she do not have to refer to books. My current favourite is the story about 3 little piglets and the Big Bad Wolf. I am so familiar with the story that I would interject sometimes to contribute to the story. Of course, I also named my 3 little piglets for that added personal touch. Their names are Porky, Pork Chop and Ham. These piglets also have younger siblings, which I named as Bak Pau, Bak Kwa and Bak Zhan. As for the Big Bad Wolf??? He is called the BIG BAD wolf lah!!! What else do you expect from me??? He's the bad guy leh!!! Momi said he has a twin brother who appears in the story of the "Little Red Riding Hood". Haven't heard this story yet. I bet evil twin did not come to a good end either.

Other than this story, I am also familiar with "The Little Ugly Duckling", "The Frog Prince" and "Pinocchio". Actually hor, Pinocchio has been adapted to local context as I named him "Ang Mo Kio". Every time Momi says the name "Pinocchio", I would correct her and say "Ang Mo Kio" instead. :p

I think hor, Momi knows other stories, such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella etc. But she thinks these stories are too gu niang and she refuses to tell me such stories. Muahahaha!!! My Momi is so perculiar.

No comments: