Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 20, 2007

My DIY Lantern

Going to Childcare Centre is so much fun. Well, we get to celebrate all the major festives and holidays, such as Racial Harmony Day and National Day. Coming next is the mooncake festival. The teachers have requested our parents to bring in the festive goods, such as mooncakes, baby yams, pomelo and little piggy biscuits for us to try out during class. The teachers are also bringing us to Central and the riverside to look at lanterns! So exciting.

Talking about lanterns, Momi and I made a little lantern this year. It is now hanging in the reception area of my childcare centre. It is a cute little octopus, made from recycled materials, such as plastic bowl and strips of orange plastic bag. I helped Momi to paste the orange dots and draw little blue dots (with a marker) on the body of the octopus. It has 2 big googly eyes and a quirky little smile. I like it so much. It is good enough for display. Actually use ah???? Not sure leh, dun think I get to bring it back to put in a candle for the Zhong Qiu Jie. :p



No comments: