Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

B for "Mao Mao"

Momi and I were flipping through my picture books on Sat night. We came across a fruit bowl and she pointed to a banana and asked me "What is this?". I told her "Mao Mao". She didn't quite catch it and asked me what was it again and I told her "Mao Mao". I could see her face contorted as she tried to stifle a giggle while trying to correct me by saying "No, darling. It is a banana. Say BA-NA-NA." But I was one stubborn little fella. I told her "Mao Mao" again. Momi wanted to laugh out loud as she found it funny. She tried to get me to repeat "Mao Mao" to Dadi but I was angry with her for correcting me. Now, what's wrong with "Mao Mao"????

The next day, Momi bought me a bunch of bananas and as usual, I pointed to it and said "Mao Mao" again. She kept correcting me and it made me so mad that I refused to say even "Mao Mao" after that. Momi, you are hurting my self-esteem by making fun of me leh... :(

Of course, when we went back to Nai Nai's place, Momi updated Nai Nai on the episodes where I said "Mao Mao" for banana. Nai Nai was puzzled and said she never taught me that. Well, in actual fact, I used to say "Na Na" for banana. Hmmmm... now, who could have taught me that or was it self-taught??? Hmmmm, I shall not tell you yet. Wahahahaha!!!!

No comments: