Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 20, 2006

My First Visit to the Zoo

The initial plan was Dadi, Momi, Gong Gong, Po Po and I go to the Zoo together on Sun. However, Dadi's knee still hurts and Momi got Jiu Jiu to come along for the trip. Poor Jiu Jiu, who helped out at a friend's wedding on Sat, had to wake up early early on Sun to bring us to the Zoo. Momi had originally wanted to cancel the trip but she was afraid to disappoint Po Po and Gong Gong cos it is their first Zoo outing with me mah. Plus, I am so noisy and naughty in the house that Dadi could not rest properly... Sheesh, ended up she decided to bring me to the zoo and to patch my eye during the trip, hopefully I would be distracted by the sights and happenings and do not peel off the eye patch.

Well, I do like the zoo. Hmmm... not that keen in the animals lah. Momi and Jiu Jiu pointed out all sorts of animals, especially the monkeys and orangutans, along the way, but I hardly paid much attention. They were all high up in the trees and my neck grew achy from lifting up my head and trying to catch them in action leh. I was, in fact, more excited with the crowd and large open spaces for me to run about. It was a right move to ask Jiu Jiu along cos he was literally chasing me around. Hiak hiak!!! I love the tram rides and train rides as I would sit quietly and take in the sights along the way. I also love the wading pool at the children's playland but too bad, Momi did not bring my swimming wear and I could only play in the pool for a short 5-10 mins as it was windy and I was getting soaking wet. Of course, Momi also got wet as she waddled into the water with me, with her jeans folded up to the knees (like an auntie). Oh, I also love the swings and slides at the playground. I even attempted to swing myself on the swing.

We also visit the children's animal land where we took the choo-choo train ride. The place was pretty run down with some pathetic animals. There were some ugly black pigs with lots of wrinkles on their bodies and they smelt bad. In fact, the whole place smelt bad. The only creatures which I like were the horses, mini horses and ponies. Momi told Jiu Jiu not to bring me near to the fencing as she did not want me to touch the animals nor the fencing. There was a wading pool there as well, but it was poorly maintained and the water channels were littered with leaves and overgrown with algae. There were only 2 kids playing with the water. Jiu Jiu brought to see the hamsters, mice and chicks. Hee hee! I took the opportunity to teach my Jiu Jiu the letter "M" when I saw the word "MOUSE" on the display. We also saw the naked Mole-Rat and Momi developed the goosebumps as she could not tahan the sight of the mole-rat which has only a thin layer of fur and looks obsenely ugly and naked. Muahahaha!!!

We went for the animal show and the elephant shows, but I could sit still for the show. I was up and running and disturbing the people around. Momi had to pluck me up and bring me outside for a walk. Well, I ran and tripped on the wooden walkway outside the elephant show theatre and had a small cut in my upper lip. Of course got cry a bit lah, but Momi said I deserved it cos I ran. Hmmm... I do have a pouty upper lip for the rest of the day.

We went to see the polar bear during the token feeding time. I was enthralled by the big water tank and had fun tapping on the glass, just to get the attention of Inuka, the big white polar bear. Of course, I also helped myself to Inuka's toys which were on display. I like this toy which consists of 3 plastic balls linked up together. I also like Inuka's icy cold dessert, which consists of fruits frozen into a big ice cube. Cool!!! Wish Momi would serve me something like that!!! The waiting time was long and before Inuka and his Momi got their yummy feedings, I had already fallen asleep. I slept through the 20 minutes introduction feeding and woke up only when everyone started clapping at the end. Shoots! This justifys another visit to the zoo yah?

The animal which really got me interested was the rare white tiger. When I saw the 3 tigers, I told Gong Gong and Po Po "mao" (meaning cat) and I meowed aloud. Momi laughed at me and told me that they were big cats and they roared. Momi imitated a roar and brought me to a console which had several buttons. When pressed, each button would give out different types of sounds made by the tigers, such as purring, growling and roaring. I had a great time punching on these buttons. :)

Well, the trip had been pretty fun and it certainly beats the Jurong Bird Park (Yeah! Momi brought a group of Senior Citizens for JBP outing and she affirmed that she would rather bring me to the Zoo than to the Bird Park). If we do go again, Momi would make sure that I have my swim wear so that I could play long in the wading pool.

Photos?! Well, scatterbrain Momi forgot to bring the camera. Shoots! Wait for my next Zoo trip, ok? Ciao!!!

No comments: