Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 28, 2007

NDP & SONIC BOOM!!!!

National Day is just round the corner and there is such a great sense of national celebratory mood going around that it is rubbing off onto me.

School has been playing the National Day songs to us every morning. I could sing along to "Singapura", "Stand up for Singapore" and "One People, One Nation, One Singapore". Oh boy!!! How I wish Dadi could have tickets for the actual day NDP celebration!!!

Momi actually managed to ballot successfully for one ticket for the NDP preview for today and Sharon Jie-Jie was supposed to let her have her ticket too so that we could all go for the NDP... Alas, but Dadi's leg is hurting again and I was having a diarrheao and tummyache. Tickets ended up with Auntie Nicole, but she din go either due to the bad weather?!!! So wasted man!!! I was thinking of asking her for the NDP fun pack some more.... tsk tsk tsk...

Anyway, when the fighter jets flew past Sengkang on their way to the parade area, they created such a loud noise that it startled me so much. For a split second, I was lost and did not know which direction to seek refuge. Momi was right behind in the kitchen, but I decided to run for the living room instead after pivoting to 3-4 directions on the spot. Haha!!! So pai-seh!!! I was displaying my instinctive behavior. Dadi told me that the fighter jets were responsible for making that loud sound which he called "SONIC BOOM"!!! Cool!!! I like that. I am not scared of the fighter jets anymore. I hope Dadi could get his hands on the actual NDP tickets so that I could have a better view of jets flying over our heads and creating that "SONIC BOOM" and the helicopter bearing the giantic Singapore flag!!!

Stand Up for Singapore!!!

No comments: