Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 06, 2006

Lunar New Year. *Wang Wang!!!*


Hihi!!! It is the 9th Day of the Lunar New Year of the Fiery Dog!!! *Woof Woof*

Mommy just came back from a long period of leave so she needs time to update this blog and add in the pictures.

This CNY was a noisy one cos there were a lot of lion dances at the hawker centres and kopitiams across the street. Mommy and Dadi brought me out for lunch on the 6th day and I saw a pink Lion dancing in the kopitiam. Oh boy! It sure was loud, but it was interesting too. The gongs and drums were real big and loud and Mommy covered my ears tightly to protect my eardrums (Hee hee! Didn't know that I have drums in my ears too. That's why I have been digging my ears recently to get to these drums that Mommy was talking about. : p)

It was a fun period with lots of yummy makan and ang pows. Everytime I get an ang pow (only on the first 2 days of CNY cos the adults said Tai Ma passed away and we could not celebrate CNY), Dadi would ask me to give him. I'm such a good boy, of course I gave lah!

Anyway, back to Tai Ma. Mommy informed me in the morning on the 3rd day that Tai Ma had gone to be a fairy and we would not see her anymore. I was only brought down to this place at the void deck where they placed Tai Ma's picture for everyone to see. There were lots of people, lights, banners, blankets and flowers...but no ang pows. The adults were saying that Tai Ma was a fortunate old lady who lived to a ripe old age and had a great grandson (me lah!). I will definitely miss her. Anyway, Mommy and Dadi took a few pictures of Tai Ma and me at the lunch session to celebrate my birthday. I could look at them and relive those fond memories. I will share the photos next time.

No comments: