Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

One Weekend of Eating, Eating & More Eating!!!

Nai Nai's relatives from Indonesia finally arrived on Saturday afternoon. Nai Nai had been looking forward to this visit for a while. The weekend became an endless process of eating, eating and more eating.
On Saturday evening, Ye Ye and Nai Nai hosted a welcome dinner at the Peng Restaurant for the relatives. It was a nine-course dinner which had Dadi bursting at his seams as he was the only young man at our table and the elders kept urging him to eat more, especially that huge plate of chill crabs. I, a wee baby, could not help him at all as I had my dinner and biscuits before the food was served. As usual, I got bored after awhile and I was put on the floor to explore the place. Of course, I ran amok as there were so many people in the restaurant and BANG!!! I tripped and fell. Yah, it hurted a little and I deserved it too lah.
The next morning, it was my Uncle's turn to host a welcome dim-sum brunch for the relatives at the Crystal Jade restaurant at Takashimaya. Yoh! We were assigned to the table of elders again and Dadi kena stuffed with loads of food again... tsk tsk... this time I got help a bit lah cos I could eat the char siew bao, porridge and glutinous rice lah. However, I rejected the yummy dessert of mango and pomelo bits cos my tummy had run out of space for more food. Hee hee!!!
After the brunch, we went to the Kinokuniya bookstore where I had my bit of exercise running among the bookshelves in the children's section. Momi was absolutely disgraced by my behaviour and plonked me back into my pram. Shoots!!! : (
Before we left Taka, Momi went down to Basement 2 to get some Japanese traditional confectionery for Gong Gong and Po Po as we would be going over for dinner in the evening... Gosh!!! More eating yah!!! Momi had specially requested Po Po to make the lotus root soup for me, so must turn up or else they would be very disappointed.
Dinner was a spread of home-cooked dishes. I chose the steamed rice over the porridge that Momi cooked for me. I ate the spinach and drank the soup cos they were so flavourful and yummy. Momi had to finish up my porridge instead. Keke!!!

No comments: