Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 05, 2006

Off to the Chalet for a BBQ!!! Yipee!!!

Peixiang Gu Gu organised a BBQ at a Loyang chalet last weekend to have a get-together for everyone, as well as to celebrate Gu Po's birthday...(Erhhh...why I not see any birthday cake huh? U adults hid from me cos U dun want to let me eat ah???).....

Anyway, I was looking forward to the chalet cos there would be a lot of people (I absolutely love crowds!!!) and not to forget, loads of food... Yums... Momi was orginally looking forward to the chalet cos we could go swimming... Unfortunately, she wasn't feeling well that weekend, but boh bian, she must give face and turn up. :p

Well, the food thingy wasn't as fantastic as I expected cos I didn't get to eat much cos largely BBQ stuff. Luckily, Momi made up for it by cooking yummy bee hoon soup for me which I duly finished up before the BBQ started. After that, it was just munching on fried egg and marie biscuits which Nai Nai provided. :) But it was alright cos I was pretty happy with these food.

The best part of the whole chalet thingy was the beach. Yeah! This is the first time I ever get down to the beach and into the water. I was thrilled to see the waves up close. The moment Dadi put me down on the beach, I immediately waddled into the water. So exciting to feel the waves crashing around my feet. I wanted to go deeper into the water but Dadi caught me before I could venture further. :p

There was this Jie Jie on the beach who followed me into the water. However, she got scared of the waves and tried to cling onto my Dadi's thigh cos he was the nearest adult around. Hee! Jie Jie, you can hold on to me mah!!! Fortunately, her papa came to her rescue when he saw her panicking reaction.

Well, I could only play in the water for a while cos Dadi found the water very dirty and plucked me out after a moment. He said those big ships out there were spilling pollutants into the water and that beach was not good for swimming. Shoots!!! But I not done with the fun leh!!! I tried to make my way back to the water on my short little legs, but there were no ways I could out-run Dadi who had longer legs than me. He always managed to get me before I could step back onto the sandy beach. :(

My waddling in the water also "drowned" the beeping mechanisms in my slippers. No sound came out of them after I came out of the water. Hee!!! Momi said nevermind cos I am outgrowing the slippers and she would be get a new pair of me. Yipee!!!!

BTW, sorry to mention that there would be no recent photos cos I just got a haircut by Mr Raymond Scissorshands and his pretty assistant, Notti Momi, last Sat. It was a really bad hair job this time. One side over the ear is trimmed higher than the other. Very ugly. Notti Momi tried to cover up the bad hair job by making me wearing my cap during the chalet. Guess the other adults were too polite to comment on my haircut when I took off my cap. Only my Nai Nai dared to comment how bad I looked. Momi and Dadi just shrugged off the comments cos they opined that my hair would grow out soon and I would look ok in another two weeks. Blah!!!

No comments: