Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Baby Talk

Although I am not really speaking well at this stage, I am able to understand what the adults are saying. However, I am selective about processing what I hear and acting according to their instructions. Keke!!!

I am still babbling in my baby language and am absolutely comfortable babbling and even singing in this sophiscated language. Momi knows that I could make the following sounds: - "Papa", "Mama", "Nai Nai" (grannie or milk), "Mum Mum" (eating or any food), "gor-gor" (brother), "ba" (bus), "Voom Voom" (any vehicles), "Nana" (Banana), "Mei Mei" (Teochew- Quickly), "Mai Mai" (Teochew- Don't Want), "Bor" (Ball), "Kok Kok Gay"(Chicken).... but I hardly consciously make an effort to say them lah. She thinks I have gold in my mouth and it would drop out if I open my mouth to speak. Keke!!! Actually hor, it is because I am lazy to speak lah. Hee!

I think Momi is quite desperate to hear me call her "Mama" or "Mummy" in an endearing tone. Hee! I think she will probably be very touch when I call her properly. Now, I only calls out to her when she dumps me alone in my cot back home at Sengkang. As for Dadi, I dun think he cares much about when I start calling him. He is just waiting for me to call when I'm ready. : )

No comments: