Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, December 22, 2006

An Update on My Recent Vocabulary

Hi, folks.

Here's an update on the words in my dictionary. I am still saying those words with one or two syllabus. Anything more than 2, I would selectively drop the extra syllabus. Here are some fantastic examples:

Xia Yu - raining
Bu Yao - No, Don't want
Yao Yao - Want, medicine
Xue Xue - Shoe
Wa Wa - Doll, Soft Toy
Wah-wah/Sok - Socks
Bum-Bee - Bumblebee
Na-Na - Banana
Erh Erh - Poo Poo
She-She - Pee Pee
Hao Chi - Tasty, Yummy
Hao He - Nice Drink
Zhe Ge - This one
Truck
Lorry
RT - MRT or LRT
(Choo Choo) Train
Ann-Gin - (Fire) Engine
Pick-up
Taxi
Car
Elmo

Ee-Or - Eeyore
Fish
Bye Bye
Un-Ti - Auntie
Un-Ke - Uncle
Ba-Loon - Balloon
Ball Ball
Ma-Mee - Barney
Ku-Ku - pants/ shorts
Hi-5
See Shell - Sea Shell/ Sleep
MV - Music Video
Qian - Money

Spoon
Fork
Plate
Bowl
Cup
Bing Bing - Biscuit
Milk Milk
Kang - Phua Chu Kang
Kangaroo - Kang-Roo
Yum - Yum Seng!!!

The Yum Seng part was picked up from Uncle Francis wedding on 21 Dec 06. Whenever I saw those people raising their glasses and shouted "Yummmmm.... Seng!!!", be it on the stage or off at the ground among the respective tables. Being the cheeky monkey, I would happily raise both arms and shout "Yummmmm!!!!" for as long as I could. I would conveniently drop the "Seng" unless prompted by Momi or Dadi. Keke!!! I confirm going to be an Ah Beng next time. Yum Seng!!!

No comments: