Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, December 29, 2006

Sniffles Sniffles... I'm Sick...

Hi Hi. Dadi & Momi brought me over to Ye Ye's house on Mon nite and found out that Nai Nai was sick. Poor Ye Ye and Nai Nai had been sick since they came back from Jakarta a week ago. Dadi said it could be due to "not agreeable to water & earth" (Shui Tu Bu Fu), that's why they have been sick since then...

Anyway, Momi took leave on Tue so that Nai Nai could rest while she took care of me. However, my silly Momi left the fan spinning after mopping the floor on Tue afternoon, while I was sleeping and I caught a chill. I started sneezing and then my nose started leaking after I got up from my afternoon nap. It got worse on Wed morning and Dadi and Momi brought me to Dr Chee. Boy, the medication was fantastic!!! Very effective and very expensive ah!!! My leaky tap was repaired after one dose of medication, but my sneezing was still on-and-off. Despite my runny nose, I was still pretty active during these two days. Yah, sick but still can play and make a lot of noise in the house.


I was a terror when it comes to medication time. The moment I heard "Chi Yao" (eat medicine) from Momi, I would scream "Bu Yao" and ran away to hide. Wed night, Dadi and Momi pinned me down and forced the medicine into my mouth through a syringe. By the time the 2nd type of medicine was forced down my throat, I gagged and threw up my milk... all over Momi and myself and onto the floor and mattress. What a mess!!! A howling baby, dirty floor and yucky stuff... Momi told Dadi that forced feeding would not work on me and Dadi compromised by mixing the types of medication into my milk.... I could still taste the yucky medicine in the milk (120ml only leh) and I simply refused to gulp it down. After much coaxing, I only managed to take in 60ml. Yeh! I was that difficult. Better still, I snored when I slept cos my nose was blocked. Haha!!! It was quite a fantastic sing-song tune. : )

Momi was reminded of her younger days where my DJJ did the same thing to her. He gagged and threw up his dinner and medication during the night and she had to standby a basin next to his bed and clean up the mess made by my sick DJJ everytime he took his medicine, especially if there are pills to swallow. Somehow, he just couldn't swallow the pills as a whole and my Momi had to crush his pills to make it easier for him to swallow... Poor Momi.

No comments: