Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 17, 2006

18 months Booster Jab... Boo Hoo Hoo!!!

Momi brought me to the Polyclinic for my 18 month booster jab on Sat morning and I developed a low-grade fever over the next 48 hours. The jab was on my thigh and it began to ache from Saturday afternoon onwards. I couldn’t bear standing on my legs and walking around as it hurt. I was largely confined to my "throne" on the sofa or in my cot where I read my books and played with my toys. Occasionally, I would whince in pain if I moved my right leg a little. I would whimper out loud and ask Momi for some tender loving care by requesting for “bao bao” (carry). Momi had to carry me around as I would refuse to stand and walk on my own. Naughty Dadi would rub the area near the jab to make the ache go away faster, but I would cry out loud as it hurt more. It’s supposed to be for my good lah, but it simply hurt too much.

The pain subsided a little on Sun, but I still had my fever. Momi was not sure if I have any appetite and so, did not cook my meals. I ate buy-back lunch and dinner “da-bao” from Gong Gong’s place. I had some grapes after dinner and wanted more when Momi tried to tuck me in bed at 7.30pm. I refused and signed to her that I wanted to go out by pointing towards the doorway of the bedroom. Momi pretended not to understand and asked me what I wanted. So exasperating!!! I pointed to the doorway again and put my fingers into my mouth to tell her that I want to eat more grapes!!! Is she really that dumb??? So naughty leh! She refused to let me go out and pretended not to understand at all!!! So terrible!!! How can she do that to her poor darling who is having a slight fever??? Anyway, she ultimately relented and brought me out for more grapes. Haha!!! I realised that I just have to dia a little and Momi would usually give in to me. Keke!!! Tested and proven several times liao. : )

No comments: