Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 18, 2006

An update on my visit to the Eye Doctor

Went for my eye checkup again on Wed morning. As usual, I had to fast in case the doc needs to sedate me for a detailed eye checkup. Met Dr Carol for the first time. She is a nice ang moh lady who speaks with a foreign accent which I can’t quite comprehend, but I like her as she gave me lots of toys to play with. She would place little plastic balls on the floor and I had to go pick them up one by one with my left eye patched up. She also gave me little wooden clowns that bobs and bows and a rotund Police man. She also spun a little gadget in front of me and asked me to locate the little black dot. It was quite fun and a totally different experience from the last visit. : )

After Dr Carol, it was Dr Ganga’s turn to see me. He was quite satisfied with the vision in my right eye and I was praised for being a good boy cos I would keep the eye patch on for a daily average duration of 2 to 3 hours. He recommended that we continue with a review every month, until I turn 2 years old then go for the eye surgery to remove the cataract. I was rewarded by the nice Missy with a yellow smiley heart sticker. J

We went for lunch at Marina Square after the check-up and Dadi bought a hair clipper from Harvey Norman to cut my hair. My hair has grown so long and messy that they are standing up like weeds. Even Momi couldn’t stand it as my hair would tickle her when I snuggle up to her during orh-orh time. Sheesh!!! It would be another wrestling match with Mr Raymond Scissorshands this coming weekend…..

No comments: