Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 07, 2006

Going Door-To-Door

Dadi's leg pain pain over the last few days. He had a stack of pamphlets to distribute to the residents but couldn't do it due to the leg pain. Momi offered to do it for him and off we went on Sunday morning, going door-to-door to deposit the pamphlets cos there was strict instruction that we could not drop them into the individual mailboxes.... silly instruction. Luckily, Dadi was only assigned to take charge of 2 blocks. Heng ah!!!

Momi helped me put on my shoes, held my little hand and we made our way door-to-door. However, she soon found that I was more a hindrance than a help as I would wander all over and paused to check things that interest me. We only managed to cover 1 floor and she changed her strategy. I was put into the sarong sling so that she could carry me and complete the task faster. She also figured out a efficient way to deposit the pamphlets quickly and quietly without disturbing the residents.

Although I was comfortably tucked in the sarong, I still helped Momi a bit by pressing the button for the lifts. The first block was quite fun as Momi would play the counting game with me as we descended from the top floor to the ground floor. By the time we finished the first block, Momi was actually feeling the strain at her shoulders and we took a break at the playground where I was given a few minutes to roam around and play on the slides. I enjoyed myself so much that I decided not to "zor gang" (do work) and refused to leave the playground. Momi had to pretend to walk away without me, then I guai guai followed her.


The second block proceeded quite smoothly, except that Momi got the attention of some "kaypoh" aunties who simply stared at us, thinking that Momi was distributing the pamphlets to earn some extra income and that she was so poor thing as she was carrying a young child with her. Haha!!! Momi boh-chup them and carried on with her job. I also got a little restless as I was growing sleepy in the sarong sling which was so warm and comfy. I certainly couldn't be bothered with the kaypoh aunties. Hee! I also didn't help Momi to press the lift buttons in the second block as I got bored with the repeated task. Haha!!! Fortunately, the pamphlets ran out when we were half-way through the second block!!! Heh heh!!! Boh-bian mah, not our fault. Who asked the organiser to give insufficient copies? Heh heh!!! Momi quickly brought me to buy lunch and we proceeded home for my lunch and afternoon nap, just before the light drizzle set in. : )

No comments: